Friday, April 23, 2010

Eco-chic Feat. Organix, The Body Shop, and more!


Hey guys! Today I am going to review/show you guys what my favorite Environmentally Friendly/Organic/Non-Animal-Tested items are!
 Yay for a semi-organic looking pic? Haha. Can you guess the products?

Click the Jump to Read More! I know you will like it...






Alright. First up... Dr. Bronners Pure-Castile Soap. LOVE!




I got the Lavender one as well as the Almond. The lavender smells great, and the almond one smells like cookies to me. So good! There are so many things that are great about this. Okay, now I am going to make a list about the great things. 

  1. It is all Eco-Friendly, not tested on animals, and organic! (No Brainer)
  2. It comes in a a lot of different scents, that all smell amazing! 
  3. The packaging is cute! (At least to me, it has a vintage vibe to it.)
  4. You can get them in a whole bunch of different sizes, depending on what you want to use it for!(no seriously, it does! Click on that link!)
  5. It has SO many uses. Laundry Detergent, Body Wash, Face Wash, Shampoo, Pets, Facials....
  6. It cleans soo well!
  7. It's not extremely expensive for the amount of soap you get. 
Okay, those were 7 reasons to buy it, and if that didn't convince you, nothing will. I use it for a face wash-it really gets all my makeup and stuff off- , a body wash, and Laundry Detergent! Works great. I know what you are thinking, " A soap you can use on your face and as a detergent! NO way." But I promise you, it is mild enough to use on skin, and strong enough to clean clothes....if that makes any sense. And if you are super worried, try the Baby-Mild one. I have heard raving reviews. 
Anywho... I could RAVE about this for hours, but since there are more things to show you....I will wrap it up.
I want to get all of the other scents! Here they are..

  • Peppermint
  • Almond (I have it)
  • Lavender(I have it)
  • Tea Tree
  • Eucalyptus
  • Citrus
  • Baby-Mild
  • Rose 
 I really want the Rose one and the Eucalyptus. Here, I will insert some pics for ya! 









 I have almost used up all of it!





Moving along.... Next! - St.Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub


I love this scrub. I got mine at Target for about...5 dollars I think? Anyways, this is an old favorite, and it is such great quality for an amazing can't-be-beat price! But that's not the point. The point is....


THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!










(I have the 'Fresh Skin' one.) 






It makes my skin baby-soft, and there are no blemishes in sight! Now, this scrub is really grainy, so it isn't suited to be an every-day kind of thing. But I use it about 2 times a week to get the dead skin off of my face. It works, people! (And it smells good!)


Next up... AVEDA "Shampure" Shampoo and Conditioner.

First, it smells soo good. It's more of an herbal scent, and I like it. I can still smell it on my hair after it is dry, but it's not overpowering. Best of all, it is all organic, so you won't be using any sulfates or silicones in your hair. It's your classic shampoo and conditioner, and it works time after time. I can definitely see results with this! Here, I'll show you some pics now. 








Okay, more AVEDA. I got this one from a hotel, surprisingly enough. Imagine that, a brand like AVEDA at a hotel! It came with a moisturizer, facial soap, body soap, and their Rosemary-Mint shampoo. But I'm only reviewing the facial moisturizer now.  It is unscented-great for sensitive skin!Well...it is labeled all-sensitive...Anywho.. It isn't scented, and it is -again- your classic facial lotion, it makes my skin feel soft, and well, refreshed, too be quite honest. And this is pretty darn good for hotel moisturizer, people! So it is a great moisturizer to use daily and I love it. Okay, moving on, I bet you are sick of AVEDA by now..but first, some pics for everyone!
















Almost there.....!


Tarte Mineral Powder Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess- Courtesy of my lovely Tarte Treasure Chest!(Which I have a sort-of review on in my other blog post (scroll down). It came with the 'Treasure Chest'-hee hee- but if you wanted to buy only the bronzer, then here's the link.. Click Me!!

Anyways, here is a picture I took of it up close...
 Yep! So according to www.Sephora.com...

                                 What is is:

A whisper light, mineral-based bronzing powder.

What it does:
Tarte Mineral Powder Bronzer is an oil-, talc- and fragrance-free bronzer that fuses earthly minerals with naturally derived ingredients for a finish that's pure perfection.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
This bronzer contains Skinvigorating™ ingredients like vitamins A and E, which act as antioxidants to fight free radical damage and mineral pigments that are known for their soothing and softening properties. Dermatologist-tested."
That's from Sephora.com. And that!>>>>

So I like that a lot too...

Next!

 The Body Shop body butters. (The Strawberry being my favorite of the moment.) Which if you would like to know allll about, you can click on this link, because I have suuuper informative review on. Already! Mind you, here's the picture.





Moving along...

Burt's Bees! One of my favorite-and most known around the world- eco-chic brands!




-Res-Q Ointment soothes and comforts life's bumps and bruises with a powerful, yet gentle, blend of natural herbal ingredients. The formula contains Comfrey and Allantoin, which are known for their healing and anti-inflammatory properties, as well as Lavandin, which helps prevent scarring.

-
Ingredients: Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, beeswax, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, lavandula hybrida (lavandin) oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, tocopherol, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil, zea mays (corn) oil, symphytum officinale (comfrey) leaf extract, CI 75810 (chlorophyllin-copper complex)

and now a pic for you...


 Okay, the next one up is The Hand Salve...no picture, so I got one from online.


It is so moisturzing for your hands! ( sometimes I use it for my feet... ) and it doesn't leave that greasy residue we all dread. It soaks up fast, leaves a pleasing smell, and locks.the.moisture.in.

From the website-


How it Works

Our most intensive hand treatment, this formula is packed with botanical oils, herbs and beeswax to moisturize hard working, rough, dry hands. It's an everyday miracle.

How to Use It

Apply salve to your hands as often as needed.
Olive Oil

Featured Ingredient

Olive Oil — Obtained from pressing ripe olives of Olea Europaea, olive oil is greenish-yellow in color and has a strong, somewhat spicy odor.
Ingredients: prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, beeswax, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, symphytum officinale (comfrey) root extract, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaves, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flowers, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil


Now, the lip balm, perhaps the most coveted one in this set.


Ah, the famous beeswax chapstick. I would say that this is probably the most sold item of all of the Burt's Bees collection. It makes your lips tingly (my favorite part), while simultaneously making them incredibly soft, smelling good, and moisturized. It's got the whole package! GO buy it now if you have never tried it. I urge you to! You will fall in love with it. I promise. I come back to this one after trying out all of the other ones. I have gone through about 3 tubes now, I would say!

From the site....

Beeswax Lip Balm

Get naturally soft, healthy lips.

100% NATURAL

How it Works

Give your lips the soothing feeling they deserve. This natural lip balm is loaded with coconut and sunflower oils, rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids, to nourish, condition and soften lips. Beeswax seals in hydration. We've even added peppermint oil for a refreshing tingle. Take your pick of an old-fashioned yellow tin or a recycled plastic tube. No wonder it is our most popular product.

How to Use It

Apply balm liberally to your lips as often as needed, particularly in dry, cold or windy conditions.
Beeswax

Featured Ingredient

Beeswax — A natural wax made by bees in the cell walls of honeycombs, this substance is a natural emulsifier used in cosmetics.
Ingredients: Tube: beeswax, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil,
Tin: beeswax, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil






Wow, those little Beeswax things are cool. Now, all that is left is the cuticle cream. The first thing I  noticed about this was the smell. Now, I really really dislike anything lemon, usually. You know, the whole thing, lemon lollipops, lemon pie, anything lemon, because it reminds me too much of detergent, and dishwasher soap. That is always the scent of those kind of soapy  things, I swear! But when I smelled this, I swear! My phobia of all things lemon went away!  It smells sooo good! Like lemon, but like....a lemondrop...I don't know, I can't explain it, but I love it! I do not really use this that much, because I am not really like a big nail-product fan. But when I do use it, I like it a lot!

And lastly, from the site...




Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme

Get 10 perfect fingers and 10 perfect toes.

94.91% NATURAL

How it Works

This natural nail treatment softens cuticles and fortifies nails. Sweet almond oil, vitamin E and cocoa butter moisturize. Then beeswax seals in the goodness. A touch of lemon oil makes your nails appear and smell incredibly clean and beautiful. And, with regular use, your nails will become stronger and dry cuticles will disappear.

How to Use It

Massage the cream into your cuticles and nails at least once a day. For an intensive overnight cuticle treatment, apply generously to your hands and nails before bed.
Lemon Oil

Featured Ingredient

Lemon Oil — Obtained from the fresh peel of the fruit of the Citrus Lemon tree, this oil is known for its astringent and anti-irritant qualities.
Ingredients: helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, tocopherol, beta-carotene, vegetable oil




I guarantee you, no money spent on Burt's Bees products is wasted money!






Okay, the last product.Whew, this felt like a reallly super long post. Probably because I have been trying to finish it for a few days... I have been busy, no lie!!

Anyways, the last product is Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum, I usually use this after I get out of the shower, and my hair is damp. It smells sooooo good! It smells not like that fake kind of coconut, but a really good smelling coconut! Again, I can't explain it, but I LOVE it! Smells sooooooo good! And it helps my ends not break. I love you so much Organix! I really would love you try more of their products in the future! Here's a link for their website--Organix Website











LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! :)


Okay, now I am done. I hope you enjoyed this post, give me feedback on what kind of posts you would like to see more! Comment!



Stay Gorgeous, 

Me.





No comments:

Post a Comment