Friday, June 4, 2010

May Favorites!!

It's about time for May Favorites! I just love may..*sigh*. It's my Birthday month...it's just starting to get warm outside...the pool opens...and the air smells like flowers! Ah! Lovely!

Okay. I really have been loving....

Clean&Clear Morning Glow moisturizer *oil free*







I bought this at Ulta a few months back, and man, it has lasted a loong time! If you look closely at the picture, you can see a faint line on the bottle that shows how much I have used, and let me tell you, I have used this every single morning since about...December. And just look at how much is left! Lasts a while. Next time I buy a moisturizer, it will be...let's do the calculations.

I have been using it for...(since the beginning of December) 6 months.
and it's about... 25% of it. So if I go at a rate of 25% per 6 months, then it will be...November....Next December? Is that right? I have never been good at math...hehe. I think that I won't use that same moisturizer for that long. I'm definitely gonna have a new one by then..well..look! It's expiration date is 9/2011. Well it definitely lasts long, but just a few months short of when it should. :) Oh well.

There you have it! Your favorite mathematician/beauty guru! Ok. About the moisturizer.
It smells really good but not overpowering, and if you look at it really closely,[the moisturizer itself] it has little tiny sparkles in it! I really like that. It may not work for you though, if you like a matte look...but I can't really tell that there is anything glitter-y in it when it is on my skin. So don't worry about that! I don't know about sensitive skin, though....has anyone tried this who has sensitive skin? 
Anywho...
Smells good, works good, has SPF 15 (!), is oil free...anything else? Oh! It lasts long, if you are one of those people who likes to have..er...long lasting types of things..Costco, anyone? I LOVE their huge packs of things! 

Okay, how did this get to Costco....?

Next.. Ok this is an awkward one..but..Toms Deodorant!







What can I say? It works great, smell awesome, (Did I ever tell you guys about how much I ADORE the scent of lavender?Well, I love it!) is long lasting, and...Oh..wait! The main reason! It's aluminum-free. I have seriously been looking foreverrr to find an organic/aluminum-free deodorant-that actually works-and I have finally found it! Plus, I love Toms. Every product made by them (that I have tried..hah.) I have heard that their toothpaste is really good..Maybe I will try it sometime in the future..? Anyways, this works really well, and hey, if Lavender isn't your thing..then...there are some other really good scents you can get. I have seen...Calendula, Apricot,Lemongrass...hmm..Okay, I can't think of them off of the top of my head, but give me some time. Oh! And there is unscented! Trust me. I have smelled them all.. (:

Ok, so, about the aluminum in deodorants...



"My husband and I searched high and low to simply find a deodorant (a non-antiperspirant) for women. To my surprise there are only a few on the market. Most "deodorants" are natural/herbal. What is the different between
 antiperspirant and deodorant? Well most of us know that antiperspirants keep you from sweating. Although I love antiperspirants because they keep me feeling fresh all day, I must admit that the idea of having chemical agents block my sweating seems like it could cause some health risks. According to the care2 website, antiperspirants use aluminum salts to block sweating whereas deodorants work to kill bacteria that might cause odor. Think about it like this, just as our room air fresheners neutralize odor, so do our body deodorants. After looking at the facts, I am convinced that I was on the right track moving away from an antiperspirant and switching to a deodorant. Antiperspirants have been said to cause problems with sweat glands after years of use, can sometimes cause discoloration in the skin (although this happened to me with an herbal deodorant also though) and some have even linked the use of antiperspirants to breast cancer (note that the National Cancer Institute and the American Cancer Society both dispute this claim). The biggest claim against antiperspirants have been the connection between them and Alzheimer's Disease. "
Smith, Dee Dee. "The Health Risks Behind Antiperspirants and Deodorants." (2006): n. pag. Web.http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/17541/the_health_risks_behind_antiperspirants.html?cat=69

Ok. So now you know about aluminum in deodorant..and all that. Just a little FYI for y'all today!

Okay, Next!


Ok, I cannot rave enough about this awesome gloss! It comes in soo many reallly good scents, and some funky colors, too (they are mostly sheer, just how I like 'em) and they are just...I don't know, amazing? Also, they are not so pricy. $7.00 for one, buuut... you can get 2 for $12.00 or 5 for $25.00! Which is awesome, for me! I got this one recently. It's called "Cherry Bomb". It's a semi-sheer red sparkly gloss. It is just right for me. I have pale skin, and it adds a little pop. It would look good on many other skin tones, too. And it smells...like cherry! No surprise there, but it isn't your basic artificial cherry scent. It is cherry..but there is something about it that makes me nostalogic. I don't know. It brings back so many memories of wearing my first lip gloss..Is that weird? I don't know. But what I'm getting at is I LOVE it. Go buy it, now! Click.>Lip gloss! Plus, they have a WHOLE line of other Beauty Rush Lotions, Body Wash, Body Spray, etc. so that you can match up some of your favorite scents! (Check out my favorite, Cupquake! Smells like cake batter..)








Oops..got a little messy... :)




It contrasts nicely to fair skin. 

Next..
Dr.Bronners Pure Castile soap. I just got this peppermint one to add to my collection. I like the little mini ones. They are so cute, and I get sick of scents easily, so I can finish these off before I get sick of them. Does that make sense? I hope so. Anyways, if you want to hear me rant and rave about my love for these, check out my post on them..and other things. :) Click this link! They are the first ones on that post.







Revlon Nail Polish in "Effervescent Opal". I like it, it gives a natural, girly look to nails. I use it on my toes sometimes, and it seemed to fit for the beginning of Spring! 






It's pretty. :)

Okay, that's it! Hope you liked it! Wow, I can't believe that it is already June! I love Summer!!

Do you guys think I need a new layout? Comment and tell me !

Okay.
Stay gorgeous!!
Me.
P.S. I'll be doing a NARS/Sephora haul/review soon! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment